BLT Brunch Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Press pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges if desired. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, bacon, green pepper and onion. Layer half of the tomatoes in crust; top with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 464 calories, 39g fat (11g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2016
This was sooo amazingly delicious! I made it in my 9" deep dish tart pan with removable bottom. The presentation was as wonderful as the taste. I did add garlic powder and did not peel tomatoes, used jalapenos because that's what i had on hand (I'm from south Texas). It took 20 minutes longer because of the deep dish pan i used. Got so many compliments! Will definitely make this again&again!
Jul 17, 2012
This is extremely delicious and I make it every summer! I do modify it a bit and use about 1/3 cup mayo and the rest sour cream as I don't like mayo. I find it takes me longer to make as well as I am not good at peeling tomatoes!
Sep 10, 2010
Have made this several times and each time someone asks for the recipe. It is a favorite when we can pick the tomatoes from the garden.
Jul 2, 2008
When the tomatoes come in and its a hot summer night nothing makes a better light dinner with a salad!