Beefy Bacon Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped carrots, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the milk, potatoes, soup, carrots, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in the bacon just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 214 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 14, 2013
Delicious and easy. I used ground turkey. I substituted corn for half the celery and also threw in some asparagus. I used frozen hash brown potatoes and a bag of bacon bits. Turned out very well - definitely a keeper!
Jan 14, 2012
Very filling and easy to make