BBQ Sauce Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 109 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 22, 2013
They are delish!!! Takes a few min to assemble in the crockpot. I make this a day before a holiday n just heat them up when the guests arrive.
Jan 1, 2013
I thought these were excellent. I made for Christmas Eve. Everyone loved them! Would def make again.
Dec 5, 2011
Did it according to directions (except I used pre-cooked meatballs)
Nov 12, 2011
I made these for a Holloween Party and they were a hit!!
Jan 3, 2011
I made these twice over the holidays and they were such a hit... and SO easy!!!
Oct 11, 2010
This recipe was amazingly delicious!!! Would also be good if a person didn't make meatballs but just put ground meat and mixed it all up. Would be excellent to eat like sloppy joes!!
Oct 9, 2010
This is a good recipe, though a little salty. My family liked it. I put the slow cooker on high for the first hour of cooking to increase the temperature faster, since I'm a little apprehensive about starting with raw ground meat in that appliance.