BBQ Chicken Pizza Roll-Up
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust into a 12x9-in. rectangle; brush with barbecue sauce. Layer with cheese, chicken, onion, cilantro and Italian seasoning if desired.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over top. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 81 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2018
Loved this pizza roll up! I made two skinny rolls with the crust, instead of one wide one - it turned out delicious. My boyfriend did think the honey BBQ sauce made it a bit too sweet, so may try a different sauce the next time around. A very easy dinner to make though. Especially if you use a rotisserie chicken from the store - very quick to shred and go on this recipe with that little shortcut.
Aug 18, 2017
Yum!! Based on other reviews, I probably used at least 3/4 cup BBQ sauce and added some on the side for dipping just in case. Saut?ed onions when cooking the chicken. Will make again!
Aug 8, 2017
I had read another similar recipe that used an entire bottle of BBQ sauce. While I didn't use the entire bottle, I did use a lot. I also added sliced mushrooms. and mixed it with the BBQ chicken. Will definitely make this again.
Oct 12, 2014
Very good and light. I agree with the other poster that it was a bit dry. Next time I'll add a bit more barbecue sauce to the top of the chicken, prior to roll up.
Apr 23, 2014
I made this for lunch with turkey left over from Easter dinner. Used pillsbury crescent rolls and sealed the seams cuz that is what I had. I put too much filling and couldn't roll it up so made as a flatbread. Left out cilantro (personal preference) and used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Tasted wonderful but the crescent rolls were a poor choice. That is my fault - not a problem with the recipe. . This is a great recipe! Yummy!
Oct 1, 2012
Everyone who taste this loves this.....my 7 yr old son, who eats next to nothing constantly asks me to make this, and it is a big hit with the guys during a football-watching party. Highly recommend and very easy to make. I omit the cilantro, as a taste preference
Aug 10, 2012
Loved it! Tastes great and its a new favorite offmy 14 year old son.
Feb 7, 2012
Quick, easy and delicious!
Jan 12, 2012
I might use biscuit dough next time and make individual entrees. Or maybe put the dough in muffin tins and then fill with meat! I thought that the red onion was too strong. Next time I will use Vidalia onions.
Dec 11, 2011
a bit dry, I would add more bbq sauce or serve with a side of bbq. but tasty, easy