Basil and Parsley Pesto
Toss this herby pesto with pasta, spread it over sandwiches or stir it into an Italian-style soup, like minestrone. —Lorraine Fina Stevenski, Land O’ Lakes, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place basil, parsley, almonds and garlic in a small food processor; pulse until chopped. Add lemon zest, juice, honey and salt; process until blended. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Add cheese; pulse just until blended.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Freeze option: Transfer pesto to ice cube trays; cover and freeze pesto until firm. Remove from trays and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, thaw cubes in refrigerator 2 hours.