These sweet and tangy bites are sure to tide everyone over before dinner. At the buffet, set out some fun toothpicks to make for easy nibbling. —Anastasia Weiss, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, combine beef and onion, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in two batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add hot dogs; stir in preserves and barbecue sauce. Cook, covered, on high 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in pineapple; cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (1/3 cup each).
Originally published as Barbecued Party Starters in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p39
Reviews forBarbecued Party Starters
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2012
"I havent made this yet, but you are from my home town. I think that is awesome I found this on New Years Eve. It has everything in it we love. Thanks."