Total TimePrep: 10 min + simmering Bake: 10 min.
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven, place ribs and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange ribs on a rack in a broiler pan. Brush with sauce. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1024 calories, 64g fat (23g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 2141mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 62g protein.
Mar 12, 2018
I love the things I’ve seen so far
Dec 7, 2017
Jun 11, 2014
Love this recipe. My kids won't eat any other ribs. It is a frequent request for birthday dinners.
May 28, 2014
I can't even buy BBQ sauce anymore, this stuff is so good and so addicting! Tangy and sweet, sticky and delicious ! Thank you Thank you for this recipe
Aug 11, 2013
This sauce has become my "go-to" sauce of all time. It is sweet and tangy, smokey and thick. It clings perfectly and grills to perfection. This recipe makes perfect ribs every time. I have used with country style ribs as well. Make them as written and wouldn't change a thing. So many people love it! The sauce is equally as wonderful on grilled chicken!!
Mar 8, 2012
love it love it love.i make these ribs a lot everyone talks about them they are great
Sep 2, 2011
I have been making these ribs for close to 10 years and my dad constantly brags about them.
Sep 25, 2010
Just made these tonight - they were DELICIOUS! Cooked exactly like the recipe said. Only wished I had doubled the recipe - no leftovers!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.