Total TimePrep: 10 min + simmering Bake: 10 min.
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven, place ribs and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange ribs on a rack in a broiler pan. Brush with sauce. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1024 calories, 64g fat (23g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 2141mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 62g protein.
Mar 29, 2020
The ribs were very tender and the sauce delicious!
Jul 23, 2019
I mixed together the onion, salt,
Mar 12, 2018
I love the things I’ve seen so far
Dec 7, 2017
Jun 11, 2014
Love this recipe. My kids won't eat any other ribs. It is a frequent request for birthday dinners.
May 28, 2014
I can't even buy BBQ sauce anymore, this stuff is so good and so addicting! Tangy and sweet, sticky and delicious ! Thank you Thank you for this recipe
Aug 11, 2013
This sauce has become my "go-to" sauce of all time. It is sweet and tangy, smokey and thick. It clings perfectly and grills to perfection. This recipe makes perfect ribs every time. I have used with country style ribs as well. Make them as written and wouldn't change a thing. So many people love it! The sauce is equally as wonderful on grilled chicken!!
Mar 8, 2012
love it love it love.i make these ribs a lot everyone talks about them they are great
Sep 2, 2011
I have been making these ribs for close to 10 years and my dad constantly brags about them.
Sep 25, 2010
Just made these tonight - they were DELICIOUS! Cooked exactly like the recipe said. Only wished I had doubled the recipe - no leftovers!