- 3 cups uncooked ziti or other small tube pasta
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; place in a bowl. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Pour over pasta; toss to coat.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese, parsley, and remaining Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the pasta mixture into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese mixture. Add sausage to the remaining pasta mixture; spoon over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Ziti and Sausage
"This was easy enough and was good. My kids weren't fond of it but the hubby loved it!"
"we didn't care for this so wont make again"
"Everyone loved this will definitely keep this one around great flavor easy to throw together!"
"When I made the white sauce I added some Hollandaise sauce leftover from breakfast and it was magnificent."
"I have a large family so its easy to make and it feeds everyone.I love it."
"The white sauce is a great change from regular baked ziti. Had a good taste."
"I made this recipe with bulk Italian sausage instead of sausage links. Super Yummy! :D"
"This was absolutely delicious! Family loved it!!"
"I ABSOLUTLEY LOVED THIS RECIPE IT HAD A DELICIOUS HOMEMADE TASTE TO IT BUT CAME TOGETHER QUICKLY"
"I have made this recipe with a group on a cooking day and my family liked it so much that I had to find the recipe to make it again. It is very good. I too, added more sausage."