Fire-Roasted Ziti with Sausage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or rigatoni (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook ziti according to package directions for al dente. Drain; return to pot.
- Add tomatoes, pasta sauce and sausage to ziti; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cook, covered, 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without optional toppings): 463 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1634mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 23, 2016
This was a great tasting recipe that was quick and easy to make. We will definitely make this one again.
Feb 23, 2012
This recipe is fantastic. Best of all, my husband said it was good--a definite plus. I will make it again. I substituted lower fat items in the dish and used Heart Healthy spaghetti sauce.
Jan 17, 2012
Indeed use more pasta than the recipe calls for. I use a 13.25 oz box of whole wheat penne. Turkey smoked sausage tastes great.~ Theresa
Mar 22, 2011
This was very good, but the ratio of pasta to sauce is way off... I doubled the pasta - just used a regular 16 oz. size box of it - if I hadn't done that, it would have been very soupy. Otherwise, it was great. I put it in a baking dish and stuck it in the oven for a little bit, then sprinkled the rest of the mozzarella on top. Smoked sausage in pasta dishes is not new to me - we love it that way - if you haven't tried it yet, you really must... It really bumps up the flavor of regular old pasta!!
Sep 23, 2010
This recipe is packed with flavor and requires only a few ingredients. Definitely a keeper.~ Theresa
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.