- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 strips), divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in shredded cheeses, 1/2 cup bacon, 1/4 cup pecans, onion, pimientos, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix parsley, poppy seeds and remaining bacon and pecans. Spread half of parsley mixture on a large piece of plastic. Shape half of the cheese mixture into a ball; roll in parsley mixture to coat evenly. Wrap in plastic. Repeat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forBacon, Cheddar and Swiss Cheese Ball
"Addictive! A lot of ingredients, but they all work together. This requires a bit of work, however, it's a make-ahead dish. Your guests will love you for this one!"
"This cheese ball is beautiful and tastes fantastic! I love the way the coating of fresh parsley, poppy seeds, bacon, and toasted pecans creates a splash of color to any appetizer display. My guests loved it and couldn't get enough of it. I followed the recipe with two exceptions. I added 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt. I'm new to making cheese balls so I was surprised that it was fairly labor intensive. (frying up a pound of bacon, cutting up fresh parsley, toasting nuts, chopping pimento. But it was all so worth it! I liked the fact that it made two cheese balls instead of one. That way....I had something to take to two different events in the same week. You should add this to your recipe to your collection! Yum!"