Asparagus, Squash & Red Pepper Saute
The appealing vegetable trio is enlivened by a wine-scented saute. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute the peppers, squash and asparagus in wine and oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 4, 2018
Loved the way it used vegetables that are in season at the same time! We added zucchini as well. The red peppers added nice color. A tasty way to use lots of vegetables!
Mar 19, 2018
Simple & really tasty. I threw in a little marjoram.