Asparagus, Squash & Red Pepper Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute the peppers, squash and asparagus in wine and oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2018
Loved the way it used vegetables that are in season at the same time! We added zucchini as well. The red peppers added nice color. A tasty way to use lots of vegetables!
Mar 19, 2018
Simple & really tasty. I threw in a little marjoram.