Spicy Asparagus Spears
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the onion powder, seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes. Add asparagus spears, stir gently to coat. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 26 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Mar 26, 2017
This is an easy and delicious recipe. I made a few modifications. I cut the recipe in half. I cut the thick asparagus on the bias into segments. I used 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon butter. I cooked them just until tender crisp. Definitely a keeper!
Apr 1, 2013
Omg this dish is so delish! I never entirely liked asparagus because I guess I had never had it cooked a way for me to enjoy it. I plan on making this within the next few days with chicken breast and rice!
Feb 3, 2013
This recipe had nice flavor but unfortunately I overcooked it because I was waiting for my sister who was late. I will make it again and cook for about 5 mins.
Oct 17, 2011
This is definitely a good asparagus recipe. Normally, my family and I don't even imagine enjoying asparagus without a dollop of mayonaise on the side but all of us happily finished our portions before any of us noticed that we had not reached for the mayo jar, even though it was handy. In our house, that is a VERY high compliment for an asparagus recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.