All seasons are beautiful here, but I especially like fall so I can serve more hearty fare like this. Served with mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, these ribs soothe the soul.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ribs in oil. Arrange ribs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Rinse and squeeze sauerkraut; layer the sauerkraut, applesauce and onion over ribs. Combine broth and apple juice; pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 hours; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until onion begins to brown and meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 336 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1183mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Applesauce-Sauerkraut Spareribs in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.