- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apple
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to egg mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples, rhubarb and walnuts.
Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews forApple-Rhubarb Bread
"OMG Lady, I Just made this and it is one of the best apple breads I have made to date! :) the addition of Rhubarb is nothing short of genius - if you dont mind, I would like to post this on my website - www.jennskopperkitchen.com I will credit it back to you, although it may be a while before I add it as I am in the middle of revamping the existing website!"
"This bread recipe was very moist and good. I halved recipe for just one loaf and turned out great."