Apple Pan Goody
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 to 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, brown sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in butter until apples begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Place the eggs, orange juice, flour and salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 316 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 19, 2012
This is a very delicious breakfast. I make thisas often as I can, and my whole family loves it.
Mar 19, 2012
I thought this was very tasty and very easy to make. I don't like cranberries so I just left those out. I will definitely make it again!
May 2, 2011
Loved how full of apples it was, but the egg/flour filling was like thick crepes that were badly made; it was gummy and felt "off". Next time I'll just make an apple pie with dried cranberries, because it really was almost too sweet.
Mar 19, 2010
Too sweet for a main dish for my family.