Apple Pan Goody
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 to 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, brown sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in butter until apples begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Place the eggs, orange juice, flour and salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 316 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Oct 19, 2012
This is a very delicious breakfast. I make thisas often as I can, and my whole family loves it.
Mar 19, 2012
I thought this was very tasty and very easy to make. I don't like cranberries so I just left those out. I will definitely make it again!
May 2, 2011
Loved how full of apples it was, but the egg/flour filling was like thick crepes that were badly made; it was gummy and felt "off". Next time I'll just make an apple pie with dried cranberries, because it really was almost too sweet.
Mar 19, 2010
Too sweet for a main dish for my family.