- 36 caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 medium tart apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Halloween sprinkles
- In a microwave, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter. Arrange apple slices on a large platter. Drizzle with caramel; top with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts, chocolate chips and sprinkles. Serve immediately. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forApple Nachos
"Did anyone have a problem with apples turning brown before recipe was completed and dish was served? Thinking about soaking apples in lemon juice..just wondering :-)"
"These were delicious!! The only problem I had was the thinness of the apple slices. They were too thin and fell apart with the all of the toppings on it. The next time I make them, I will do thicker slices. Other than that they were so good and gobbled up!"
"I made this recipe for girls' night and it was a huge hit!!! In addition to using the jarred caramel I also used the jarred marshmallow. Much easier and less messy!I plan on making this recipe for an upcoming Halloween party."
"Delicious my guests couldn't gobble these up fast enough!"
"I am planning on making these for my granddaughter's birthday party. Nice to see the idea of fluff and ice cream topping. I will add peanut butter chips also. It all sounds so yummy!"
"I will make this again with caramel ice cream topping, and hope it turns out easier to eat then with the melted caramels. My family really liked it I will also try it with cinnamon chips this time. All in all I thought it was fun and tasty just needed to work out a couple of kinks."
"Took it to a potluck. Came home with a empty plate. They ate them all!"
"the other reviews are right - I used the carmamel ice cream topping and it was less sticky.... these were great...it is my new favorite snack recipe"
"How is a recipe that calls for 36 caramels, 30 large marshmallows, chocolate chips and sprinkles considered 'diabetic friendly'? This dish has 25g of highly processed carbs and only 2g of protein to offset the digestion of all this sugar. This dish is NOT diabetic friendly."
"This was an ooey, gooey, delicious mess! But so is a caramel apple, and this was much easier to prepare. We loved it!"