Apple-Glazed Holiday Ham
Each Christmas, I'm asked to prepare this entree. I'm happy to oblige because it's easy to assemble, bakes for a few hours unattended and is simply delicious!— Doty Emory, Jasper, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 spiral-sliced fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze.