Apple Danish Pies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and juice; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Separate crescent dough into four triangles. On a lightly floured surface, roll two triangles into 5-in. circles. Place each into an 8-oz. ramekin, pressing dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over dough in ramekins. Top with apple mixture. Roll out remaining crescent dough into 4-in. circles; place over filling. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over pies. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 660 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 108g carbohydrate (77g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 23, 2015
Very good, so says my husband. Had a bit extra filling and put in ramekin and baked without the crust. The filling is excellent, would be great on toast also.
Sep 6, 2009
I love this pie. It's tasty, easy to make and a great dessert for a nice dinner.
Jul 9, 2009
This recipe is an answer to my quest for a simple delicious recipe just enough for two.
Nov 3, 2008
This recipe is great. It's easy, tasty and smells so good when it's baking.