- 1-3/4 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple, carrots and walnuts. Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forApple Carrot Muffins
"I made them a second time & doubled the cinnamon. Even yummier!~ Theresa"
"Yum! They taste better the day after baking them. To save time, I grated the apples in the food processor with the carrots. I omitted the walnuts since I didn't have any home. Very moist.~ Theresa"
"Love these and they have 4 g of protein which is good for growing kids!"