- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook carrots in remaining oil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the chicken, broth, cheese, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAngel Hair Pasta with Chicken
"Tasty. Only complaint was that I had to cook for what seemed like forever to get the carrots tender. I eventually covered the pan because they just kept tasting crunchy every time I tried them. Will make again!"
"Try with roasted chicken from grocery. I'm going to also try with herb roasted."
"Delicious and easy. Not bland at all. I wish it had just a few more veggies. Next time I might add mushrooms in addition to the carrots and broccoli."
"Excellent! The whole family loved it!"
"This was easy to prepare and very tasty."
"I made this for myself when my husband was working out of town. Very easy and tasty! Loved it and will make it again......maybe when the hubby is around, lol! Might keep it just for me!!"