Agave Roasted Parsnips
Deliciously sweet and aromatic, this side dish nicely spices up any traditional meal.—Kathleen Thorson, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°. Divide parsnips, carrots, leek and garlic between two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 187 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Agave Roasted Parsnips in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.