I clipped this recipe 20 years ago. It's a great substitute for candied sweet potatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, honey and salt until smooth. Add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Add orange zest.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 314 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 3, 2016
I had never cooked with parsnips and decided now was the time! (Plus a challenge from Susan!) These were delicious! I took them to a potluck and people raved over them! The kids loved them too!! This recipe is a winner for sure!!