Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, honey and salt until smooth. Add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Add orange zest.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 314 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 3, 2016
I had never cooked with parsnips and decided now was the time! (Plus a challenge from Susan!) These were delicious! I took them to a potluck and people raved over them! The kids loved them too!! This recipe is a winner for sure!!