Zucchini Egg Bake Recipe
- 3 cups chopped peeled zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, marjoram and salt. Stir in zucchini mixture and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Zucchini Egg Bake
Sort By :
To be honest this didn't seem like it'd world but it not only worked it knocked it out of the park! I did add one extra egg and took ReldaJ's mushroom idea. I made it about an hour before a breakfast potluck and it was universally loved. Thanks TOH and community!
Made this on numerous occasions and it's really, really good. Never changed it, it tastes just great as is!!!
I have made this lots of time over the years... It's delicious as is, or with some cubed ham added to it... Everyone in my family loves it!
I am a great Zucchini lover, expecially if they are young and tender then you don't need to peel them. I did 2 1/2 cups of zucchini and 1/2 cup fresh musrooms.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >