- 3 cups chopped peeled zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, marjoram and salt. Stir in zucchini mixture and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Egg Bake
"Great way to use all the zuchini growing in my garden this summer!"
"Very good- didn't have marjoram but it was not missed. Added ham like other reviewers."
"Delicious! Made as is w/out marjoram since I didn't have any on hand. I thought this was going to taste bland, but it was so tasty and delicious. The basil is definitely a must!"
"Made this on numerous occasions and it's really, really good. Never changed it, it tastes just great as is!!!"
"I have made this lots of time over the years... It's delicious as is, or with some cubed ham added to it... Everyone in my family loves it!"
"I am a great Zucchini lover, expecially if they are young and tender then you don't need to peel them. I did 2 1/2 cups of zucchini and 1/2 cup fresh musrooms."