- 3 cups chopped peeled zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, marjoram and salt. Stir in zucchini mixture and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Egg Bake
"Great way to use all the zuchini growing in my garden this summer!"
"Very good- didn't have marjoram but it was not missed. Added ham like other reviewers."
"Delicious! Made as is w/out marjoram since I didn't have any on hand. I thought this was going to taste bland, but it was so tasty and delicious. The basil is definitely a must!"
"To be honest this didn't seem like it'd world but it not only worked it knocked it out of the park! I did add one extra egg and took ReldaJ's mushroom idea. I made it about an hour before a breakfast potluck and it was universally loved. Thanks TOH and community!"
"Made this on numerous occasions and it's really, really good. Never changed it, it tastes just great as is!!!"