- 8 cups sliced zucchini (cut like apple slices)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Place zucchini and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes. Add nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon; blend until sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over zucchini. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Apple Crisp
Sort By :
This was fantastic!! My family loved it. You would never know it was made with zucchini & not apples!! Fooled everyone!!
this really does taste like apple crisp. I took it in to work and they asked me how i made it taste like apples
I had tasted this recipe before, but when my cousin came we made it. She couldn't believe how much like apples it tasted--she made such a big deal about it that we had to tell my husband it wasn't apples. :)
Very easy to make and truly does taste like apples. No one would ever know! A great way to use up some of my bumper crop.