- 12 pieces Galbani® String Cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Wonton Mozzarella Sticks
Sort By :
"OMG, where have these been all my life?! I just made a batch for my husband and myself for a quick Saturday lunch. They took less time to prepare than a box of mac and cheese! Less cleanup too--just the small skillet I fried them in. I'm thinking to make appetizers for a group, you could cut the cheese sticks in half--or even thirds, as I saw one reviewer mentioned--and wrap them in wonton wrappers. I will say that next time, I think I need to cool down the oil a bit--I noticed the cooking instructions on the package of wrappers says 350? for the oil, and fry egg rolls for 2 to 3 minutes instead of 375? for 30 to 60 seconds. My cheese was warm, but not terribly gooey, but any longer at that temp and the wrappers would have burned. Still yummy though!"
"these were excellent and very easy to make but I think they should be named something different. I remembered the name and when I was at the grocery store I bought wonton wrappers instead of eggroll wrappers. Yes, I had read the recipe but remembered the name more, lol. I did use the wonton wrappers but had to cut the string cheese into thirds and it took a bit more time but still tasted great. I'll definitely make them again but will use eggroll wrappers."
"my kids enjoyed them very much"
"Very easy and tasty!!!!"
"The first time I made these, I thought they were strange. Now, well they're still a bit strange, but SO DELICIOUS! Lol. It's so much easier than breading or making a batter. I've also baked these too, to make them healthier. I spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray and roll them around a little bit. They bake up nicely, but they are, of course, much tastier when fried. Great recipe!"