- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and jalapeno if desired in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, beans, parsley, lime juice and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into chili. Add chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for White Chili with Chicken
Sort By :
This is a great recipe. I like the zip...but if you're a wimp you might cut the cayenne. Will definitely make again.
Delish! My husband surprised me by cooking this at home all by himself while I had to work late one night. Great recipe.~ Theresa
Awesome recipe just the way it is! I will definitely be making it again.
Simple and tasty.
My family loved this recipe and wanted me to make it again the next week. I replaced the jalapeno with a small can of mild green chilis. It's a quick, nutritious comfort food!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Chili Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chili Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Chili Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Chili Recipes >