"This is a nice warm-up punch--I like to serve it when there is a nip in the air," writes Susan Smith of Forest, Virginia. The aroma of the apple cider, orange juice and spices is wonderful as the punch simmers in the slow cooker.
- 4 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Orange slices and additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the apple cider, water, orange juice concentrate, nutmeg and ginger. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Remove and discard spice bag. Garnish with orange slices and additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Warm Spiced Cider Punch in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p17
Reviews for Warm Spiced Cider Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review