“Whenever I can get salmon for a good price, I always turn to this simple and delicious recipe. It’s good served with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans, too.” —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Mix mustard and honey; brush over salmon. Place bread in a food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in walnuts, oil and thyme; press onto salmon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Walnut-Crusted Salmon in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Walnut-Crusted Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review