In Goshen, Indiana, Bonnie Smith assembles this comforting one-dish meal that's economically priced at 98 cents per serving. "To save time, you can substitute a package of frozen vegetables," Bonnie suggests.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with the carrots, potatoes and celery. Combine the soup, water, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-75 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Veggie Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p51
Reviews for Vegetable Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review