- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked boneless turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked white or brown rice
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey; stir-fry until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add next six ingredients to pan; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Combine water, soy sauce and cornstarch; add to skillet with water chestnuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return turkey to skillet and heat through. Serve with rice and tomato wedges. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p17
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2015
"One of our favorites :)"
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2014
"This was wonderful, very flavorful. Thank you!"