Triple Bean Bake with Bacon Recipe
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; return bacon to pan. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and bake until desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Triple Bean Bake with Bacon(12)
Sort By :
The horseradish is the secret ingredient. Everyone loves these beans! OK to put all the ingredients together and put it in a crockpot after you cook the bacon and onions on the stove.
This was even better the second time around! Loved this unusual flavor and bean combination. I used a larger can of seasoned butter beans because that is what I had on hand. Drained and rinsed the other 2 cans of beans. Also I used a little less brown sugar(about 1/2cup). So very good and easy. Thank you for sharing this recipe..
Love the horseradish kick!
I baked it in a foil loaf pan on the grill on indirect heat for the temperature and times in the recipe and it was really good! Our friend doesn't normally like baked beans and he loved them, too!
While I found this recipe not to have enough flavour my husband liked the sweetness and asked for seconds.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >