A fresh garden salad with homemade Italian-style dressing is the perfect accompaniment to my special lasagna. Nicely seasoned with garlic, herbs and a hint of lemon, the dressing is our family's favorite. As soon as the jar is empty, I make more. -Evelyn Gebhardt, Kasilof, Alaska
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash dried thyme
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- Sliced cucumbers, quartered cherry tomatoes and shredded carrot
- in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 11 ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, combine the greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots in a salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Italian Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p31
Reviews for Tossed Italian Garden Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2009
"I really enjoyed this salad and plan on serving this to guests this weekend."