Tortilla Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, taco seasoning, garlic powder and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and chili powder. In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange five tortillas, overlapping, in the bottom of prepared dish; spread with 1/2 cup salsa. Layer with half of the meat mixture, onion and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tortilla Lasagna(14)
Sort By :
This would probably be good; would definitely ditch chili powder, and use only small amt. taco seasoning. Instead of salsa would use mild Pace picante sauce. Some folks may say *what's point of making if not following directions*.
This was really good! I made a few adjustments. I didn't have corn meal, so I sprayed the baking dish with pam--no problems. As a matter of fact, the bottom tortilla layer browned and got crispy--very good! I added an onion and minced garlic to the meat while it was cooking (didn't add the garlic powder or fresh onion to the casserole layer), and I added a can of whole pinto beans and a small can of chopped green chilies to the meat mixture after it was cooked.
This was a very popular dish even with my 7 picky eaters!
Awesome! I used mild cheddar cheese and it turned out delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >