Tomato Tart with Three Cheeses Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. square; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
- Combine the mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese and basil; sprinkle over the pastry to within 1 in. of edges. Arrange the tomato slices over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove tart from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with additional basil. Cut into slices. Serve hot or at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato Tart with Three Cheeses(7)
Sort By :
Very Easy to make. I used a bag of 4 pre shredded Italian cheeses. I put Feta cheese on top rather than Parmesian. YUMMMMY. But --is it an appetizer or a meal??
I love to play with this recipe. Sometimes with different cheeses, Sometimes with thinly sliced onion but I always prebake my pie crust to a light toast to prevent a soggy bottom. Be sure to put sliced tomatoes on paper towels to absorb liquids before placing on crust.
I added some fresh chopped garlic. Delicious!
This is absolutely great! I've made it several times and have received the same response every time...this is a keeper!
I used regular, homemade pizza dough, not puff pastry, but the rest of the recipe made a fabulous pizza!