- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef shoulder top blade or flat iron steaks
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Hot cooked rice
- Place steaks in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add mushrooms and pepper. In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, soup mix and basil; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Steak in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p13
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review