Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers(14)
Sort By :
I don't eat meat or seafood, but am hosting a party and looking to make these. BUUUUUUT.. I have no idea what kind of shrimp to buy?? Fresh or Frozen... please help!
Probably the best grilled shrimp I've had including high end restaurants. I had to substitute chili sauce for the tomato sauce and old bay for the cayenne. Wow!
The best grilled shrimp, but I would add salt too.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >