My favorite ice cream flavor features coffee and toffee flavors, so I thought, why not pack that same great taste into a cookie? The toffee bits are a happy surprise. —Joanne Wright, Niles, Michigan
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup (6 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate, vanilla and coffee mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in toffee bits and baking chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 16-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Coffee Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p29
Reviews for Toffee Coffee Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review