- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 8 spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- In a large skillet, saute the artichokes, pepper and onion in oil until tender; stir in cheese. Remove from the heat.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise and tomatoes; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Spread four bread slices with half of the mayonnaise mixture; layer with a spinach leaf, artichoke mixture and remaining spinach. Spread remaining bread with mayonnaise mixture; place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Toasted Artichoke Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Followed this recipe, except used jarred roasted red peppers instead of fresh. Super delicious!"
"Loved it! Used my panini grill"
"These are absolutely deliciousThis has become a staple in myeveryday recipes. Two things that can raise this are: roasted red peppers instead of fresh bell and bread can be grilled on a panini grill"