Smoked-Almond Cheese Toasts
I created my recipe for appetizer toasts while planning the menu for a friend's bridal luncheon. Smoked almonds add a special touch to the chunky cheese spread.—Laura Murphy, Columbus, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/2 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in cheeses, almonds, tomato and pepper; spread over bread slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with sun-dried tomatoes that are ready-to-use without soaking. When using other sun-dried tomatoes that are not oil-packed, cover with boiling water and let stand until soft. Drain before using.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.