Homemade Smoked Almonds
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted and cooled
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add garlic powder, celery salt, salt and liquid smoke; stir until blended. Add almonds and stir until well coated. Evenly spread almonds in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts0.330 cup: 285 calories, 25g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Aug 24, 2011
It's really yummy. I think I would add a bit more salt next time.
May 10, 2010
I've been making these since I first found the recipe in a Betty Rosbottom cookbook. They're the only reason I keep a bottle of liquid smoke in the pantry!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.