- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 8 spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- In a large skillet, saute the artichokes, pepper and onion in oil until tender; stir in cheese. Remove from the heat.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise and tomatoes; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Spread four bread slices with half of the mayonnaise mixture; layer with a spinach leaf, artichoke mixture and remaining spinach. Spread remaining bread with mayonnaise mixture; place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned.
1 each: 523 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1053mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.