My delicious quick bread is comforting in the afternoon with a cup of tea, served toasted in the morning for breakfast, or as a midnight snack. Morning, afternoon or evening, this is always a treat! —Mary West, Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil and extract. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60-65 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Originally published as Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.