Smoked-Almond Cheese Toasts
I created my recipe for appetizer toasts while planning the menu for a friend's bridal luncheon. Smoked almonds add a special touch to the chunky cheese spread.—Laura Murphy, Columbus, Mississippi
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/2 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in cheeses, almonds, tomato and pepper; spread over bread slices.
- 2. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC