I created my recipe for appetizer toasts while planning the menu for a friend's bridal luncheon. Smoked almonds add a special touch to the chunky cheese spread.—Laura Murphy, Columbus, Mississippi
Recommended: 15 Tea Sandwich Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/2 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in cheeses, almonds, tomato and pepper; spread over bread slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Smoked-Almond Cheese Toasts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014