Three Beans and Sausage Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Sprinkle with oregano and thyme if desired. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Three Beans and Sausage(6)
Sort By :
My kids love this. We have it often during cool weather months.
I used the smoked turkey sausage and cut it down for two. It was very good.
This is excellent. I did not have celery, so I used a 15 oz can of mixed veggies (undrained) and reduced the amount of water to 2/3 c. I also added a can of tomato paste and a few dashes of Red Hot. Excellent - we really enjoyed it!
Wonderful! You can also add just a bit of water or beef broth to make a soup or stew and it is just as good.
This is a great recipe. We added a can of green chilies and some garlic salt. Excellent!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Stews >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >