- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Add croutons and serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for That Good Salad
"I must agree with Lauriesmiles, after reading the reviews, just had to make this salad.Unfortunately the dressing ruined it"
"I have to agree with the name, this was so good! I added grilled chicken and hard boiled eggs to make lunch for my husband and I. He loved it!"
"I loved this salad, easy to make and taste so good?"
"Used the magazine recipe for the first time many years ago. This is still the all time favorite in our family. Even the children request it as their choice for family gatherings."