That Good Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Add croutons and serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for That Good Salad(15)
Sort By :
My family's go-to recipe for DECADES. When serving to vegetarians, I omit the bacon and double the cheese and it's just as good. Well, as good as can be without bacon! :)
This is one of my family's favorite salads - it's a classic!
I added grilled chicken strips and made it a luncheon meal for several girlfriends. They raved about it! I frequently make the dressing and use on other salads and vegetables.
The dressing is wonderful!
THe Dressing is the BEST EVER