- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Add croutons and serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for That Good Salad
Sort By :
"Used the magazine recipe for the first time many years ago. This is still the all time favorite in our family. Even the children request it as their choice for family gatherings."
"I made this recipe when it first came out in the magazine and it has been a go to salad ever since. The name is easy to remember so I have always been able to easily search the TOH website for it."
"This has to be our favorite salad. Because of all the wonderful ingredients, I find that I don't need the full amount of dressing (anything to cut calories). This is a great salad for potluck's. The quantities are easy to adjust for the amount of people you are serving."
"This is a wonderful salad. I used to prepare it years ago when it first came out in the magazine. I ran across it again recently and am so glad I did. It is a great crowd pleaser."