- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium cucumber, julienned
- For dressing, mix first six ingredients until blended. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beef and jalapeno; cook and stir until beef is no longer pink, 1-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place spinach, red pepper and cucumber in a large bowl. Add beef; toss with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Spinach Beef Salad
"We really enjoyed this. We love fresh salads and the mix of spices was easy and delicious. we will make it again soon."
"Easy and surprising. I was unsure what to expect but my family said it was a very good change. Quality meat is key; don't skimp. I did double the meat because my men scream for protein."
"I added some chopped plum tomatoes to the spinach for some more vegetables!"