Korean Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Place the first six ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake well. Chill until serving.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, sprouts and water chestnuts. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and egg.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 239 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 5, 2014
This is my favorite spinach salad. The dressing makes the difference. We make a slight change for another version, we use balsamic vinegar in the dressing....oh so good. And it is so easy. This is a recipe my grandmother made over 40 years ago!!
Sep 12, 2012
Tastes like Catalina dressing and I would use fresh bean sprouts next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.