- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large heavy skillet, cook the pecans, 2 tablespoons vinegar, cayenne and cinnamon over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, mustard, salt and remaining vinegar and sugar; drizzle over greens and toss to coat. Arrange the greens, pear slices and pecans on six salad plates. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taste-of-Fall Salad
Sort By :
"LOVED this salad!! So many textures and flavors, and the pears were a nice addition, something different. The cayenne pepper added to the pecans was not spicy at all...gave them a burst of flavor. For sure a keeper!!!"
"Every time we serve this salad to our guests, they request the recipe. Great flavor and wonderful texture."
"This is a wonderful tasting salad...one that is asked for again and again!!"
"Lovely recipe. I used maple syrup in the dressing in place of the sugar but other than that made as is. Got rave reviews when I took it to a celebration lunch. The birthday boy doesn't like fruit/veg but he ate this one!"