Crisp on the outside, moist on the inside, these baked cheese-stuffed appetizers are drizzled with a tasty sweet-sour glaze. —Bonnie Stallings, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2-1/2 ounces feta cheese, cut into sixteen 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 16 portions; flatten. Top each with a cheese cube; form beef mixture around cheese into meatballs.
- Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. In a small saucepan, heat the marmalade, orange juice, half of the green onions and the jalapeno.
Place meatballs in a serving dish; pour glaze over the top and gently stir to coat. Garnish with remaining green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatball mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Meanwhile, combine and heat glaze ingredients as directed. Serve over meatballs. Yield: 16 meatballs.
Originally published as Tapas Meatballs with Orange Glaze in Taste of Home February/March 2010, p55
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tapas Meatballs with Orange Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review